As you may know, the Temporary Use Permit that has allowed the Kitchen to operate in our little house at 3541 Shelbourne St is coming to an end this fall. Over the past two years, our team has been working incredibly hard to identify a new facility that would meet our organization’s budget and program requirements.
We are happy to announce that the Shelbourne Community Kitchen has identified our next facility and we are currently in the process of signing a lease!
The Shelbourne Community Kitchen will be moving from its current location to the ground floor of Lutheran Church of the Cross, located at 3787 Cedar Hill Rd. The move will happen this fall. An exact date is not yet confirmed.
Why we love our new home:
- The new location is just 7 blocks away (1.1 km) from our current facility, so the Kitchen will be staying in the same great neighbourhood we have come to know and love.
- Our new facility will be twice the size of our current location and will provide more space for our many programs.
- The space is in the same building as the Kitchen’s new food storage area, which will greatly improve the efficiency of our daily operations.
- While we will be located in the same building as the Lutheran Church of the Cross, the Shelbourne Community Kitchen will operate as an independent tenant with a separate street entrance to our new space located on the ground floor.
- We plan to offer the same great programs and services that our organization has become known for within the protocols presented by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our team will provide regular updates and information as things progress and give all of our members ample notice in advance of the move. It is the Kitchen’s intent that the move not disrupt the services currently offered to participants.
Please visit our Facility Move FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) for more details and information.
Kim Cummins, Program Director
Clarice Dillman, Board Chair
and the Shelbourne Community Kitchen Board of Directors