“Grow A Row builds on the long-standing tradition of gardeners loving to share
their harvest with others. It is a people-helping-people program to assist in
feeding the hungry in their own communities.”
It all started in 1986 in Winnipeg, when farmers began to donate excess produce to their local food bank and the idea caught. Since then, the Grow-A-Row program has helped to connect farmers and residential gardeners with organizations that help provide nutritious food to vulnerable communities.
2018 will be our second season with the Grow-A-Row program. Our goals this year is to:
- Continue building a network of Community Gardeners in our neighbourhood.
- Increase the availability of fresh, locally grown produce for people experiencing Food Insecurity
- Strive to collect 400lbs of produce through the Grow a Row initiative.
- Register 15 Gardeners throughout the CRD.
- Listen, Learn, and Plan for 2019.
Become a Grow-A-Row Gardener!
When you have your first harvest that you would like to share, you can:
Drop off your veggies at our central location, 3541 Shelbourne Street anytime between Tuesday-Friday 10:00am-2:00pm (no drop offs outside of office hours please)
Harvest Pick Up is also available with advance notice.