Services Currently Offered
The Shelbourne Community Kitchen is working quickly to respond to the needs of our current program participants, as well as the additional individuals and families contacting us for help. We have been following the COVID-19 developments closely and are adhering to all provincial and federal restrictions and guidelines.
Our team’s primary focus is to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and minimize the risk to our members, while offering valuable food distribution through our Pantry Program to our participants for as long as it is reasonable to do so.
- As of March 15th all cooking programs, events and workshops have been cancelled until further notice.
- Participants, donors and visitors are no longer allowed in the building.
Our Pantry program, a food support program vital in distributing nutritious food to those who need it, is in full gear and we are working hard to meet the increasing demand by:
- Distributing food to people twice a month instead of once a month
- Increasing the amount of staple foods that we provide per visit
- Offering healthy drink and snack packs for people experiencing homelessness
- Expanding our home delivery system to support our most vulnerable members who cannot leave their homes, many of whom are seniors or individuals with chronic illness.
- Distributing important information about program updates, government subsidies and emerging community resources via email, social media and in print.
To Register as a Member and begin accessing the Pantry Program: call (250) 590-0980 Tuesday to Friday 10am-2pm
We need your help now to support our most vulnerable neighbours with healthy food. Please consider donating to our COVID-19 Urgent Food Support Fund through Canada Helps today.