The Shelbourne Community Kitchen, also referred to as ‘the Kitchen’, is a collaborative effort of three Shelbourne Valley churches—St. Luke’s Anglican, St. Aidan’s United, and Lutheran Church of the Cross—and two Community Associations, Mount Tolmie Community Association and Camosun Community Association. Our focus is to provide healthy food to those who need it in a supportive community setting.
Healthy, food-secure communities.
Creating opportunities with people living on a low income to cook, grow, share and connect for improved health and wellbeing.
We offer a unique neighbourhood food centre model. We provide opportunities for people to:
- Prepare and share healthy meals together;
- Access nutritious food;
- Work together to grow food and build gardening skills;
- Connect with other community resources and become resources for one another.
- Community. Build community and belonging around food.
- Collaboration. Work together respectfully, as equals.
- Compassion. Practice empathy and care for one another.